Course Length: 1 day
Welcome to Using Microsoft® Windows® 10. Whether you’re new to computers or have used them in the past, this class will help you become more comfortable using a personal computer (PC) and, more specifically, the Windows 10 interface. This course will help you to define what a PC is, and familiarize you with the Windows 10 user interface and its basic capabilities. In this course, you will explore Windows 10 and learn how to create documents, send email, browse the Internet, and share information between applications and with other users.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Access Windows 10.
- Use Windows apps and desktop applications to complete day-to-day tasks, including installing new apps and multitasking with multiple programs.
- Work with files and folders by using File Explorer and OneDrive.
- Use Cortana as your virtual personal assistant and use Edge for web browsing.
- Customize the Windows 10 environment.
- Install and remove printers and peripheral devices.
- Use Windows 10 security features to create more secure passwords and protect your device against common attacks.
Lesson 1: Accessing Windows 10
Topic A: Get Started with Windows 10
Topic B: Navigate the Windows 10 Desktop
Topic C: Use the Start Menu
Lesson 2: Using Windows Universal Apps and Desktop Applications
Topic A: Use Desktop Applications
Topic B: Use Windows Universal Apps
Topic C: Multitask with Open Apps
Topic D: Install Apps from Windows Store
Lesson 3: Working with Files and Folders
Topic A: Manage Files and Folders with File Explorer
Topic B: Store and Share Files with OneDrive
Lesson 4: Using Cortana and Edge
Topic A: Get to Know Cortana
Topic B: Use Cortana as a Personal Assistant
Topic C: Browse the Web with Edge
Lesson 5: Customizing the Windows 10 Environment
Topic A: Customize the Start Menu
Topic B: Customize the Desktop and Lock Screen
Lesson 6: Installing and Removing Devices
Topic A: Manage Printers
Topic B: Manage Peripheral Devices
Lesson 7: Using Windows 10 Security Features
Topic A: Manage Passwords and Privacy Levels
Topic B: Use Windows Defender
Appendix A: Getting to Know Personal Computers
Appendix B: Other Windows 10 Features
Appendix C: Continuum Navigation
Appendix D: Get Started App